How much do you really know about ice cream? Here are some fun facts about our favorite chilly treat!
I scream.. you scream.. we all scream for.. Ice Cream! Can’t go a month, a week, or even a day without ice cream? We know how you feel. Ice cream is one of the most popular desserts in the world! But how much do you really know about our favorite chilly treat? Take a look at 8 facts about ice cream that you may not have heard before!
- 12 gallons of milk are used to produce just 1 gallon of ice cream!
- It takes 50 licks to finish one scoop of ice cream!
- The United States is the largest consumer of ice cream in the world!
- The first written ice cream recipe can be found in a recipe book from 1665!
- Ice cream production in the US began in 1851
- The most popular ice cream flavor is vanilla!
- Many Americans keep ice cream in their freezers, around 90% of us!
- On average, Americans eat 45.8 pints of ice cream a year!